Cuyahoga River

Cuyahoga River
Cuyahoga River in the Valley

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting

Sue Monk Kidd writes in When the Heart Waits that we must wait and not push life ahead so we can allow ourselves to be transformed while God enters into our waiting. We often push forward and strive and we’re not sure why, exactly. For me it’s towards operating a B&B or a retreat house, and embracing a writing career. But what if I embrace where I’m at? What if I do nothing but what I need to do and let life unfold moment by moment? Maybe I won’t do a fall Word Lovers retreat next year, maybe something else will present itself. What if I don’t write the non-fiction articles but write only the spiritual or the stories of life? What if I let my God connection and not my wallet take me where I need to go?

No comments: