Cuyahoga River

Cuyahoga River
Cuyahoga River in the Valley

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Creating the Life We Want


For many years, I was unhappy, stressed out, closed off to possibility. By the time I was thirty, I wasn’t sleeping at night and I was angry with my husband. Not until a friend gave me Julia Cameron’s book The Artist’s Way and I started the journey toward giving myself permission to create the life I wanted, was I able to play a piano again (I bought myself a piano for my 30th birthday), explore painting and drawing once more, and get back to writing. The first thing I had to do was give myself permission to take time for myself, because I was worth it. My life isn’t perfect today, but I have no problem with taking my artist on a date with a walk in the Metroparks or browsing the galleries of Tremont. I have a lot more passion for my life than I had when I was younger. We can create the lives we want:
http://email.yogajournal.com/t?ctl=1E57C2:569EBAB889C6D62261751DA128F99D57&

No comments: